Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2/8/2011 - Day 24 - Leftover steak stir-fry

  

I can't believe I'm so behind on my posts, dear readers! This entry has been languishing unpublished for a week! Well I'm going to give you the short-short version to get the ball rolling here!

Tuesday, 2/8 we sliced up the leftover steak from Monday night & made a stir-fry with broccoli, carrots, onion, mushroom, garlic & various sauces & spices we had laying around. I browned the onion & garlic in chili & sesame oil then added the meat & veggies & some oyster sauce, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar. I'm very un-scientific when it comes to making stir-fry. My philosophy is really to dump in whatever I have on hand that I think will taste good. It usually turns out quite enjoyable! :)

As always in our house, DBF made the rice as he is a god at making rice & I am completely inept at it. Seriously! I have no idea what my problem is! I'm so lucky to have DBF around to make perfectly moist & fluffy rice for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment