Monday, February 28, 2011

Down with the sickness

Image totally stolen from the interwebs
Hello Dear Readers! I have been sick with a particularly nasty cold for the last week & home from work 4 out of the last 6 business days. Frankly, it sucks. And I don't know about you, but when I'm sick, I'm grumpy & exhausted. Additionally, I really have not been hungry at all. This is in direct contrast to my food loving nature! So I thought I would post about how my eating habits have been affected by being sick.

  • Too exhausted to cook: This means that what I eat either does not need to be cooked or DBF cooked it for me. Pickles, oranges, apples, & toast have been making up a good share of my dietary intake lately & DBF has been absolutely wonderful cooking dinners!
Pickles! No cooking required!
  • Nothing tastes good: Due to sinus weirdness, lots of food tastes off to me. For example, DBF made some lovely shrimp scampi pasta last night that my brain said tasted like chicken. Ice cream still tastes delicious, however & I've been through my fair share in the last week. (Hey, I'm eating consciously & listening to my body, it's just that my body says "I want Ice Cream!")
Chocolate Ice Cream always tastes good :)
  • Lots of Fluids: I've been through a ton of Orange Juice in the last week & I've been supplementing water & OJ with Emergen-C. Also, hot tea with honey, mmmm...
"it's got what plants crave"
  • Pharmacuticals: Nyquil, Robitussin, & Suphedrine have taken their turns running through my system. 
LOL, I have no idea! This just came up on a Google Image search for "cough syrup" & I think it is awesome.
 Otherwise I've been too busy sleeping, snuggling with my kitty, & watching mindless television to eat much. I'm just doing the best I can to get better ASAP!

2 comments:

  1. POST MOAR!

    Yours in one of the only blogs I care to read.

    Shiloh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! Life has been busy!!! I've got a few posts in the hopper, I'll work on getting them out ASAP!

    ReplyDelete