Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1/16/2011 - Day 1 - The most delicious chicken IN THE WORLD!

Sustainable eating project meal 1: Roast free-range chicken w/ fresh Rosemary & Thyme, mashed Desiree potatoes, roast brussels sprouts w/ garlic, & a creamy chantarelle chicken gravy. Top it all off with a local Chenin Blanc from Silverlake winery :) I think our first meal was a success! SO DELISH!

 Close-up of the deliciocity:

 The chicken drippings were WAY salty due to the recipe I used for the chicken calling for a brine. D'oh! I didn't think about that! I added some raw potatoes & a little lemon juice to try to cut the saltyness a bit. It worked out pretty well & was balanced nicely by the lightly seasoned mashed potatoes.

This is our girl! We got her from Skagit River Ranch & she is SOOOO tasty! We had breast meat for dinner tonight, but there's so much meat left! I have big plans for at least 2 more meals from this bird! I was surprised at how much more "chickeny" tasting the meat was over industrially produced chicken. YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment