Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1/25/2011 - Day 10 - Breakfast: Granola bars

Sustainable Eating Project does BREAKFAST!

I made some home made granola bars for breakfasts this week. I threw in a whole bunch of dried fruit, nuts, & yes, some chocolate chips we had hanging around the pantry.

I mostly followed this recipe from Smitten Kitchen (whom I LOVE!): http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/02/thick-chewy-granola-bars/

I left out the granulated sugar, peanut butter (b/c I'm out), & corn syrup, so the bars I made are just sweetened with dried fruit & honey (and chocolate chips ;) )

I'll let you know how they are!


-----------

UPDATE: The granola bars are DELICIOUS, but I'm afraid they're more granola than bar. Great with milk though! :) I'll definitely be making more in the future.

For dinner tonight we polished-off the last of the roast beef & potatoes from Friday night. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment