Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1/17/2011 - Day 2 - Chicken Apple Quiche Experiment

I guess I'm calling this "quiche"?? ... yeah....

Recipe:
1 cup leftover chicken cut into tiny pieces
1 honeycrisp apple cut into very fine slices
1+ cup thinly sliced carrots
4+ ounces sharp cheddar cheese (I also topped it off with some leftover shredded "Mexican" cheese we had hanging around)
4 eggs beaten with a generous splash of heavy cream

Quiche in the style of Lasagna, layer apple slices, chicken, carrots, cheese, egg mixture, apple, chicken, carrots, cheese, egg mixture, rinse & repeat until your out of stuff. Put in the oven at 425 for 15 min, lower to 35 for 30-40 min. It's done when the apples & carrots are tender & the cheese is all golden & crispy...mmmm

OK, I know it sounds gross & I was completely ready to throw this away if necessary, but it honestly was REALLY GOOD! Next time I'm going to add some caramelized shallot, I think. The apples gave it surprisingly little sweetness. The carrots were the sweetest part. The chicken & butt-ton of cheese made it nice & salty. Pretty good for completely making this up off the top of my head! :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment