Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1/18/2011 - Day 3 - Chicken Soup w/ Homemade Noodles

Sustainable Eating Project night 3!

I have to admit I almost forgot to take a picture! I pulled some leftover out of the fridge to show ya :)

I used the chicken carcass to make broth last night. This evening I heated it up, threw in the last of the chicken meat, onion, carrots, garlic, some canned chicken broth (that was just sitting in the cupboard so it's totally in-bounds!), rosemary, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, & fresh home-made egg noodles!

SUPER DELISH!!!! Plus we have a CRAP-TON of leftovers. Seriously, I think I made like 12 servings or something crazy. Well, I guess that just means I don't have to cook tomorrow night! WEEE!!!

My thoughts on the Project so far: Organic/free-range/sustainable food is OMG SO TASTY!! It's really wonderful knowing exactly what I'm eating & where it came from & the food just. tastes. better. Seriously! However, it's also very time-consuming cooking dinner from scratch every night. Geoff has been a trooper keeping up with the dishes, though! :) Also, our $100 regular weekly food budget that we spent at the farmer's market seems to be holding up pretty well. There's still plenty of food in the fridge to get us through the week! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment