Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1/23/2011 - Day 8

Sustainable Eating Project Day 8! Still going strong!

Today is Farmer's Market day, HOORAY! We went down to the Ballard market & followed our usual ritual of doing a lap around the market before purchasing anything & picking up breakfast from Fresh Flours along the way. I had the yummiest chocolate croissant with a decaf mocha! *drool!*

We went to DBF's (Dear BoyFriend's) Mom's house for a lucious dinner of pot roast (more pot roast!!). It's wonderful to spend quality time with family :) We'll be eating the leftovers she sent home with us later this week!

Now some people have asked me how eating out & dining with others fits into the Sustainable Eating Project. Well, this is really where you have to balance ideals & reality, isn't it? Just because I believe eating local organic food is important & it is a choice I make doesn't necessarily mean that is the right choice for everone. I have no right to judge. Getting all evangelical & righteous about your personal choices & throwing it in the face of the people you care for is honestly quite rude. If people ask me about my project to eat sustainably I am more than happy to share my experiences, but I am not going to force the issue. Like the vegetarian Buddist monks that do not refuse meals including meat when offered to them, it is only polite to accept & enjoy the food offered to you & prepared with care. The bonds of love & friendship are more important that ideology :)

No comments:

Post a Comment